Minowa Castle was a flatland style Japanese Castle in Takasaki Gunma Prefecture. Minowa Castle was constructed in 1526 by Nagano Narimasa and cover an extensive forty seven hectares. In 1566 Minowa Castle was besieged by the Takeda clan in what is now know as the Siege of Minowa. Minowa Castle fell during a failed counter attack led from the castle, with control of the castle passing to one of Takeda Shingen’s generals Naito Masatoyo. In 1598 Minowa Castle was abandoned when Ii Naomasa moved his base to Takasaki Castle. Today some stone walls and earthworks is all that remains of Minowa Castle.